Wednesday 29 September 2010

fishing with mice

You know the scenario, your being dragged along on another of those pointless grocery shopping trips to the supermarket when something out the corner of your eye catches your attention. Hanging half way up some shelving at the end of one of the isles, "Its a packet of multi coloured rattling mice for cats". Lena also spots them and comments that they would be perfect for those last Ad Sweir 6/0 hooks you've been trying to get rid of that Harmen-Jan gave you at the beginning of the year.....Man I have a top missus!

I don't care what anyone thinks, they look the absolute bollocks, And will be fishing with one of these with Mathias on Saturday. They float really well and are full of tiny little balls so they rattle like hell. I might be just the wrong side of the season to be trying out something as audatious as as a multi coloured rattling mouse surface lure, but hey, If I catch something with them I'll be well stocked! especially on these Ad Swier 6/0's ??????

6 comments:

M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M said...

They look really intresting, but nice though.How did you attach them on the hook?

Anonymous said...

Simon, just remember if You hear a "Meaow!" when you feel something tugging on the lure, whatever You do dont lift the rod and strike!!! ;)

/Jani

Unknown said...

Hehe awesome use of fake rodents!

I bet u get a few strikes but loose them halfway in due to the hooks :)

All about the grab said...

Yup I must admit Jeppe I lost untold fish to the Ad Swier hook some years back....so many guys I've fished with over the years haven't had anything great to say about them. Yet the Dutch love this hook,go figure!

Unknown said...

Ye well i haven't had or fished any of em myself - I love the looks of it and the idea behind it etc. but truth be told I've seen my mate throw quite some fish on flies tied on these hooks :)