Wednesday 26 August 2009

A day at the office

I went out yesterday for a few hours to test some new tube flies and ten or so casts in and I hooked into this nice looking girl. Several locals were fishing for perch and were not only amazed to see someone fly-fishing the area but frowned at the idea that I was specifically targeting Snotrockets. One chap was adamant that there were no pike to be found, yet to see the smile wipe off his face was priceless once he saw I had this one on. Anyway after a good 8 min or so I had the young girl in my hands, unhooked, a quick photo and then back in the water. This action though wasn't met with great cheer as I then spent the next 5 min receiving a barrage of complaints from the old boys ( All in their late 60's I might add) for slipping her back. They actually became so irate with me I had to leave the area due to the racist abuse that rained down on me. I've been here long enough to know that "Me" the fucking Englishmen know nothing about fishing and that I should fuck off back to South Africa. Ignorance is bliss I say!

Will post where I fished on my Google maps sometime tomorrow.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you think anyone has ever been beaten to death with a fish? I would like to think so.

helti said...

it seems "old" kind of "fishermen" are same everywhere... unfortunately

dave lindsay said...

sorry to here that mate they old boy had obviously been shown up as he said there were no pike to be had and clearly that wasnt the case , its like that all over but that generation of bigots are dying out and new guys with better attitude are coming through sorry i spoiled you day mate

All about the grab said...

I've always had respect for anyone older than me, purely because they've lived longer. Unfortunately The world is full of tossers & ignorant people. I just smiled and slowly moved away from them. It just shows you what I'm up against here and why this tournament next years will go along way to educating these knobheads.

Pete said...

I take it they won't be fishing your tournament, then?