Tuesday 20 September 2011

Fly Candy - Musky madness

Been involved in some great fly swaps recently on facebook and this is one of them, destined for a chap in Germany. Its a down sized version of the flyzilla series and is only 9" inchs long.
The only criteria was that I must tie a fly that I found extremely hard to part with and I have to admit I'm a bit bummed to see this leave the house.

I'm a bit excited as I came across some 18" inch artificial grizzly barbed synthetic hair extensions last night on facebook through a contact and he's going to be sending 10 packets over for me to tie some truly monstous flies with. I'm thinking 25" inch baby's for starters.

2 comments:

Jerome_S said...

Very nice "user-friendly" version of the flyzillas :). I've tried a #12 rod last weekend and I have to say that I won't do this all the time ;).

Jerome_S said...

And by the way, I'm really looking forward for what you think about the synthetic hair extensions.