Tuesday 11 January 2011

Fly Candy

Had some oversized mylar tubing lying around and decided to use some the other day and came up with this fly. To be honest I'm not sure what to make of the stuff and I'm sure its going to be mullard rather quickly once mike gets hold of it. Still as long as it catches me a fish I'll be happy with the end result.

I started by tying on a decent sprig of red arctic fox tail fur then added a tiny sprig of fluoro yellow craft fur to the trailing hook. Then added a length of thin flexible wire to the mainhook.Slid an extra small eumer tube over it and then attached that to the trailing hook. Then slid a short length of the mylar tubing down over it and tied it to both the trailing hook and main fly hook. Palmered on two burnt orange marabou hairline feathers then added a small collar of red UV Polar chenille. Total length 200mm. With a large foam head I can fish this like a popper with a floating line or either sub surface with an intermediate. Click images for larger view!

2 comments:

Pat Cohen said...

I dig this fly a lot...I will be making some of these in different colors for small mouth...

All about the grab said...

Cheers Pat,The mylar tubing is around 15mm wide. Used a lot for saltwater flies.