Wednesday 21 July 2010

spinner attractors

Heres something I picked up a couple of months ago when Rowland was out from the States. For some years now he's been using small spinner blades along his wire traces for an extra attractent and left me a couple to use. I'm always up for trying new ideas and by having the spinner mounted this way its freed me up from having to mount them to the fly itself. I feel no difference when casting although I suppose if you used much larger spinner blades it would add considerable weight to the front of the business end as well as affect the aerodynamics of your line as it looped through the air. Using the roly poly retrieve you get a constant spinning action but have found that a strip stop retrieve is equally affective as the spinner acts more like a fish in distress as it stutters then flitters before spinning again.

0 comments: