Wednesday 4 April 2012

Line maintenance



Line maintenance has become a religion for me since moving to the Baltic. At the end of each day I unravel my line and give it a good wipe with a clean cloth before placing it all in a plastic bag to be reeled back on in the morning,and I coat my lines at least three times a week with line butters. You might think this a bit excessive but with fishing in Saline water and as much as I do I need to keep the line in the best condition possible. Yarik shows how its done in this video and there are a number of products on the market that are available. I've been using this combination A line & reel guard spray from Ardent combined with with Ardents Line butter spray. The smaller bottle from Monic is taken with me in my chest pack and used out in the field.

Used sparingly you can probably get around 60 - 80 good cleans with this combination which isn't bad at all considering the cost of fly lines these days. Easyfly stock all Ardent & Monic line & reel cleaning products if your feeling some love for your lines.

1 comments:

yarik andersson said...

Thank you...Simon friend! I was party to the blog "pike fly-fishing articles".... it's cool :))))
and so! I love my fly line for pike .... they are expensive :( to change them often! good care of - it's a long life line to fly....