Wednesday 24 November 2010

Fly Candy

Not to be mistaken with the flashtail whistlers,I've called these Fury flashtails for obvious reasons. I started by tying 3 seperate tapered clumps of Gold sparkle hair near the hook bend.Then added a short clump of assorted gold/bronze/silver fine tinsel over that.

Then added 3 long black and 1 long grizzly barbed micro saddles. Then wrapped a dubbing brush of white raccoon fur then a dubbing brush of Olive raccoon fur. Whip finished and stuck a couple of eyes on.

The design isn't new by any stretch of the imagination,I just like the thought of combining these different materials together,which I havent seen done before.

2 comments:

Jota said...

Very nice fly! I think that making a dub with polar hair will also make good results. I'll try it.
Best regards!

All about the grab said...

Cheers Jose,
I think most hair would work.....Icelandic pony hair with this design of fly as well.