Monday 25 January 2010

Fly Candy

I call these Bobble heads purely because of the palmered fur I apply to the front of the fly giving it the look of a bobble found on the top of some wooly hats. This one I started by tying grey raccoon zonker to the rear of the hook. Then tied on 15 or so silver FFF krinkle flash strands, then added several White micro-barb saddle feathers. Last but not least I then dubbing looped pink raccoon fur around the hook shaft to the eye. Whip finished and stuck a couple of 15 mm eyes on and a large black cone-head.

With this one I took several several grizzly variant and white micro-barb saddle hackles & tied them onto the back of the hook near the bend. I then added a generous helping of silver & blue fine tinsel. The bobble head is blue arctic fox fur dubbing looped around the hook shaft to the eye. Whip finished and a large cone-head added.

1 comments:

Rich said...

Very cool looking pattern. I especially like the pink one,nice and understated...

Cheers....Rich