Wednesday 13 January 2010

Booty calls

Many of you might not know of a Blog called "Up north Maine fly castings" written by a lad called Benjamin Rioux. Anyway its one of my favourite blogs to read. He hails from Northern Maine which is found on the East coast of the States found at more or less the same latitude as Replot and He leads a very similar lifestyle to the one I lead. He's more a Trout & salmon fly-fisherman but has a big goal in life to catch himself a musky so we had a fly swap with a difference last month. The idea was that he received flies from me in return I'd be able to get my grubby little mits on some of the fly tying booty he got from a pawn shop sale a few months back. Well it arrived in the post last week and I'm over the moon with the collection
6 x different double rigs
1 x bag eyes
1 x bag of feathers
foam popper heads + 20 popper hooks
11 x reels strong cotton
An assortment of bucktail pieces
1 x packet Leech yarn (Grey brown)
3 x different coloured rubber legs in (pink,purple & white)
1 x large "Up North Maine fly casting" sticker (decal)

Thanks ever so much Ben...your a diamond mate. As promised I'll be tying you up some muddlers in the coming weeks for your trout and best of luck with the Musky this coming Spring time mate

1 comments:

Jonathon A. Waske - Fly Fishing Artist said...

I love the idea of a fly swap. Especially to land some swag!!