Sunday 3 May 2009

Piking nirvana

Pike on the fly doesn’t get much better than the weekend I’ve just had. I must admit I didn’t hold much hope of catching anything at the summer cottage with all the spawning going on at Replot but between myself & Lena, we boated 37 Pike in total for around 10 hours worth of fishing. Sure there were no monsters although I did manage a 5,2 kg & a 6.1 kg within 5 min of each other late Saturday afternoon.. Fish were caught at all depths between 1 & 3 meters on a variety of my Baltic pike flies. The black and green wig hair angel streamer were particularly popular. Black & Purple bunnies worked very well early morning with Orange & Pink doing the trick during the day. All the fish were returned none the wiser for their photo's being taken. Here are just a few snaps from this weekends fishing.

Lastly Lena also managed a PB pike this weekend which needs to be aired.....nice one Lena!

4 comments:

David Edwards said...

At least you didn't make us sit thru' all 37!!

:-)

Nice one Graham...

All about the grab said...

Cheers Dave,cant tell you what it felt like to be catching fish again.I feel like a new man again.

Steven said...

Pike on a fly looks unreal, great pics! Fly rod is top on our list of things to get at the moment!

Fishing Fury said...

awesome!!!