Friday 24 April 2009

Tight arse Stripping baskets

So you can imagine how happy I was when I arrived home last week to find Dingo our dog had mullard my stripping basket, and used it – by the looks of it, to strengthen his jaws. Thoughts of swinging him around by his bollocks came to mind but decided on a more subtle approach and just gave him one of Lena’s new flip flops to play with. If you do a lot of wading or walking along canals, polders, lake or reservoir shorelines like I do, then a stripping basket is a must have accessory…..well for me it is!

Well I couldn’t be bothered to order a new one from northernflies.com especially when they want to rape me of Є49,95, and as I’m the ultimate tight arse pike fly-fisherman
I’ve decided to make my own one . So I drove down to the local hardware store yesterday and bought a basket Є1.65, 6 x 120 mm wall plugs Є0,80 & a clip strap Є1,20 all for the total sum of Є3,65


Some slight modifications like a rod holder (2 grooves cut into either side lined with electrical cable split and glued into place) and some holes drilled into the bottom to allow for drainage and there you have it. You’ll have to agree it doesn’t look half bad and I’ve saved myself a cracking Є46,30 in the process.


Here’s a handy DIY video for you to follow if you’re also a tight arse like myself.


Or you could go for this cheaper Russian home made contraption....the choice is yours.

3 comments:

All about the grab said...

Cheers Jean-Paul.More money for beer I say!

Anonymous said...

Nice article thanks. I'm planning to build a stripping basket using the FÖRSIKTIG children's stool from IKEA ( http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/60101063 ). Unlike the basket it has a nice ergonomic form.

Regards
Tom

All about the grab said...

Funny that I saw these a couple of weeks ago at a friends house but didn't remember them.Thanks for the heads up Tom. Might look at getting one sent up from Helsinki.
Cheers