Tuesday 22 March 2011

Fly Candy - Musky madness

Five months is just to long for any fly fisherman to wait before he can cast his fly into open water. Frustration has set in and I'm starting to froth at the mouth. Even reading others blogs that are out wetting a line has now become too unbearable. The only concolation is that I'm able to sit behind my vise for most of the day working on custom flies for people. This latest batch of flies I've been commissioned to tie are for a chap looking to target large 20lb - 40lb river run browns in Arkansas as well as Muskies in October. the only criteria was they needed to be tied in either Oranges,browns,tans, yellows and olive colours. This one is another articulated fly around 11" inches long.

Its a beast but I can honestly say its as light as any fly I have in my box. Its a mix of Orange & brown schlappen, cream microbarb saddles, tan & orange bucktail,bronze flashaboy and a couple of hot orange microbarb saddles ties along each of its flanks, The head is another of these tighly packed spun deer heads with a collar of moose hair.

0 comments: