Monday 1 February 2010

Fly Candy

A couple of weeks ago I received a goody bag in the post from Ben Rioux "Up' North Maine fly casting" Inside were a selection of tandem rigs which I promised to tie up some Marabou muddlers for him.


Each are around 100mm long and comprise of 5 marabou hairline feathers palmered around the hook shaft.Added a few strands of pearl tinsel and used chartreuse & black bucktail for the heads. I trimmed these a little tighter to the front of the hook eye and stuck some tiny eyes on. They're in the post Ben...Hope you like em mate.

2 comments:

Fly Fishing South Africa said...

Beautiful flies! That final fly in the pics is absolutely stunning!

Anonymous said...

Could you be any better at tying flies? These are amazing, I cannot WAIT to see them. Hopefully some nice salmon will be taken with them so I can send along some pictures! I'll let you know when they've arrived! Thanks a bunch Simon.

Tight Lines!