Sunday 22 February 2009

Dont you just love a good road kill

I’ve been known to pull up on the side of the road and run back a hundred meters along the hard shoulder of a motorway just to drag a road kill off it and scrounge either a tail or some fur from a carcass, being the tight arse that I am.

Well last summer Lena my partner while out in the forest with Dingo our dog, witnessed a male Capercaille fly into the side of a moving logging truck and break its neck. Without a second thought she picked it up and arrived at our front doorstep with a still warm bodied bird hanging from her daypack and a very pleased grin on her face. Now I don’t know whether she’s been hanging around with me far to long, or she was thinking about our stomachs?.....but you just got to love a women that’s resourceful.
Anyway we plucked the bird and promptly placed it in the oven and had it for dinner that night…….well we ate like kings from it for 3 nights actually.

The resulting plucked feathers are what you see on the table here. So if any of you out there are interested in a batch then just ask. Mc fluffchucker send me your address me old son and I will get some off to you A.S.A.P.

0 comments: